- Metal-Out Bags Required by Some Leading Hi-Tech Companies, Exterior Surface Rs 1 x 10⁴ to < 1 x 10⁸ ohms per ANSI/ESD STM11.11: Metal-Out lower exterior resistance retains less electrostatic charge than Metal-In bags
- Metal-Out Shielding Laminate 0.003 in thick (3 mil): Protects ESD sensitive contents from electrostatic fields and electrostatic discharges (ESD) outside the ESD Protected Area
- <10 nJ Discharge Shielding Energy Penetration Test per ANSI/ESD STM11.31: Meets ANSI/ESD S20.20 and ANSI/ESD S541 requirements for ESD shielding packaging inside and outside an ESD Protected Area (EPA)
- Dissipative Inner Surfaces Rs 1 x 10⁴ to < 1 x 10¹¹ ohms per ANSI/ESD STM11.11 meets Static Control Bag ANSI/ESD S11.4 Level 3: ElectroStatic Charges removed when placed on a grounded surface or handled by a grounded operator
- Printed with ESD Protective Symbol and Lot Code Information: Meets the requirements of ANSI/ESD S541 for quality control purposes
- 40% Light Transmission: Allows for identification of bag contents.
- OpenTop and ZipTop styles are available
- Lead-free RoHS 2, REACH and Conflict Minerals Compliant
This transparent metal-out static shielding bag is designed to provide a static safe
environment for sensitive electronic devices. Bags are printed with an ESD warning
symbol and a lot code for traceability. Open top and ZipTop styles are available. The
bags are heat sealable.
3M Static Shielding Bags are manufactured from a top coat, metal, polyester,
polyethylene laminate. The proprietary top coating is designed to protect the metal
layer. Polyester dielectric, in concert with the metal layer, is intended to provide
shielding of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and to help minimize the penetration of
These bags are tested to meet or exceed certain electrical and physical requirements
of ANSI/ESD S541 and to be ANSI/ESD S20.20 program compliant.