Desco 73864 Smock, Statshield, Jacket, Knited Cuffs, Black, X-Large
- Color: Black
- Size: X-Large
- ESD Safe: Yes
- Conductive Knitted Cuffs: Yes
- Style: Jacket
- Hip To Cuff Grounding: Yes
- Surface Resistivity: 28 x 105 < 1 x 107 ohms, per ANSI/ESD STM2.1 and ESD TR53 of Fabrics
- Collar: Lapel collar
- Fabric: Texturized polyester and a minimum of 9% carbon mono-filament nylon.
- Pockets: Yes
- Cuff Style: Knitted Cuffs
- Drill Down Description: Smock, Statshield, Jacket, Knited Cuffs, Black, X-Large
- Model: 73864
- S3 Page Number Text: 159, 164, 165, 274, 300, 64
Statshield smocks are designed to be anti static, low tribo charging, and create a faraday cage around the torso and arms of the wearer to protect ESD susceptible items from ESD electrostatic fields generated by clothing on the operator's clothing. Statshield smocks incorporate a hip-to-cuff grounding feature which allows for hands-free grounding with no cord attached to the operator's wrist. This feature allows connection of a ground cord to a 4mm snap stud on the hip. A seam of carbon-suffused threads provides a secure and direct electrical connection from the snap stud on the hip to conductive elastic cuffs. Standard touch testing or continuous monitoring can be used to test the function.