- Biodegradable at pH of 2.0 or greater
- Chemically compatible with most solder masks and board laminates
- Does not degrade Surface Insulation Resistance
- No offensive odors
- Bright, shiny solder connections
- Classified as ORL0 per J-STD-004
- Compliant to Bellcore GR-78
Kester 979 Soldering Flux is a VOC-free, no-clean flux formulation for high quality, low-defect soldering of electronic circuit board assemblies. This flux’s finely tuned activation system offers the best wetting available in VOC-free liquid flux technology and the shiniest solder joints. 979 also reduces micro solder balling on glossy laminates and between connector pins. 979 will not attack properly cured solder masks or FR-4 Epoxy-Glass laminate. 979 leaves a minimal amount of residue after soldering. All remaining residues are non-corrosive, non-conductive and do not need to be removed.
Note: Not recommended for use in a soldering process that does not have a preheat cycle associated with it. For example, this will not work well with a soldering iron.