Keysight B2987B Electrometer/High Resistance Meter 6.5 Digit 0.01 fA 1 uV 1000 V Battery Operated B2980B Series
- Drill Down Description: Electrometer/High Resistance Meter, 6.5 Digit, 0.01 fA, 1 uV, 1000 V, Battery Operated, B2980B Series
- Model: B2987B
- True RMS: No
- Series: B2980B Series
- Display Digits: 6.5
- Web Meta Description: Shop here for the Keysight B2990A Series B2987B Series Femto/Picoammeter and Electrometer/High Resistance Meter.
- Quote Required: No
- Condition: New
- Display Size: 4.3 in
- Display Type: TFT Color
- Interface: LXI, USB, GPIB
- UNSPSC: 41113630
Introducing Keysight's all new B2987B Electrometer/High Resistance Meter.
The Keysight B2980B Series has the first only graphical Precision Femto/Picoammeter and Electrometer/High Resistance Meters that can Confidently Measure Down to 0.01 fA!B2987B Key Features:
- 0.01 fA minimum measurement resolution and 2 pA to 20 mA current measurement ranges with 6.5 digits resolution
- < 20 uV burden voltage in its lowest current range
- High speed reading rate up to 20,000 rdg/s
- Battery operation for line noise free measurements
- Built-in ± 1,000 V voltage source
- Measurement resistances up to 10 P Ohms
- > 200 TΩ input impedance for up to 20 V voltage measurement
- Independent current and voltage measurement
- Charge measurement down to 2 nC range with 6.5 digits resolution
- Temperature and humidity measurements
- Graphical viewing modes (Meter, Graph, Histogram and Roll View)
- Easy-to-use auto navigation to select optimal range and aperture
- Optional Test Setup Integrity Checker function for noise source isolation
- Versatile interface (USB 2.0: LAN, GPIB, LXI Core)
- USB (front): store data, save/recall setup information
- Free PC control software
Why is 0.01 fA resolution important?
Many materials science and device characterization applications require the ability to measure very small currents that conventional DMMs (digital multi-meters) cannot handle. Since the B2980B series provides a best-in-class 0.01 fA current measurement resolution in both its Femto/Picoammeter and Electro-meter versions, it can perform precise and detailed measurements that were previously impossible using conventional picoammeters and electrometers. Therefore, you are assured that your current measurement requirements will be met well into the future.The B2987B battery operated model eliminates power line noise and enhances low noise measurement performance.
AC power line noise strongly impacts sensitive measurements. While integrating over one or more PLCs can minimize AC power line noise effects, even the B2980B’s excellent noise performance cannot eliminate 100% of this noise unless the instrument is completely isolated. Therefore, both the Femto/Picoammeter and Electrometer have available battery operated versions that enable you to make power-line-noise-free measurements. The two battery models can function for 7 hours (B2983B) or 5 hours (B2987B) under normal operating conditions, and they also automatically save your measurement setup information if the battery level goes below 5%. Of course, besides eliminating noise the battery models provide the added benefit of portability allowing you to use them anywhere you want.Unique capabilities and features maximize confidence for sensitive measurements
Keysight B2980B Series of Femto/Picoammeters and Electrometers/High Resistance Meters not only offer best-in-class measurement performance, but also provide unprecedented features to maximize your measurement confidence. The Femto/Picoammeters and Electrometers both offer 0.01 fA (10-17 A) minimum current resolution, which meets virtually all existing and future low-level current measurement needs. The electrometers feature a 1,000 V voltage sourcing capability that supports up to 10 PΩ (1016 Ω) resistance measurements. The electrometers also work with Keysight’s well-proven high resistance meter accessories. Both the Femto/Picoammeter and Electrometer have battery powered versions to eliminate AC power line noise. This available capability provides an unmatched level of noise reduction, enabling low-level measurements that were previously impossible.
Unlike conventional picoammeters and electrometers, the B2980B series possesses a 4.3” color LCD-based graphical user interface (GUI) that provides multiple options for viewing data. In addition to numeric format, data can also be viewed as a graph, as a histogram and as a trend chart. These unique front-panel capabilities facilitate the capture of transient behavior and provide the ability to make quick statistical analyses without the need for a PC. The B2980B series also has features to help you maintain measurement integrity on the external cabling and fixturing. The available Setup Integrity Checker software permits the comparison of noise levels for different cabling and fixturing arrangements, allowing you to identify and isolate the noise-sensitive areas in your measurement system. In addition to these impressive measurement capabilities, the B2980B series has easy-to-use and convenient measurement assist functions that permit users with limited or no electrical engineering training to perform complicated electrical characterization operations with ease.
To provide flexibility and enable you to purchase an instrument with the exact amount of testing capability for your needs, the Keysight B2980B series offers four product versions.
B2980B Series Femto/Picoammeter & Electrometer Models and Key Specs:
|Model||Battery Operation||Product Name||Current Measurement Resolution||Resistance Measurements||Voltage Sourcing||Voltage Measurement Ranges||Charge Measurement Resolution|
|B2985B||Electrometer/High Resistance Meter||0.01 fA||Up to 10 Pohms||Up to 1000 V||2 V, 20 V||1 fC|
|B2987B||Yes||Electrometer/High Resistance Meter||0.01 fA||Up to 10 Pohms||Up to 1000 V||2 V, 20 V||1 fC|
- High voltage test leads
- Alligator clips
- Interlock connector head
- Humidity probe connector head
- USB cable
- Triax cable (1.5m)
- Ground connection cable
- Banana to screw-lug
- Earthing wire(2m)
- Open cap for Triax Connector
- Power cable
- Quick Reference (English)