Privacy Notice For California Residents
Effective Date: January 2nd, 2020
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), TestEquity and its affiliates are providing the following details regarding the personal information about California residents that we have collected or disclosed.
As a business covered by the CCPA, we do not sell personal data. We may use the personal information to operate and maintain our business and to provide our products and services better to meet our business objectives.
We may share personal data with third parties or allow them to collect personal data from our sites or services if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such personal data, or if you use TestEquity and its affiliates' sites or services to interact with third parties or direct us to disclose your personal data to third parties.
We may collect the following categories of your personal information and generally collect consumers’ personal information:
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet activity information
- Financial information
- Professional and employment-related information
- Education information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information;
- the business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that the business disclosed for a business purpose about the consumer; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, please note that we may restrict access to personal information as necessary to: protect against cybersecurity risks or fraudulent, abusive, illegal, or otherwise improper activity and protect TestEquity trade secrets or proprietary information.
If you are a California resident, you seek to exercise the foregoing rights to access or delete personal data which constitutes 'personal information' as defined in CCPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respond to all requests we receive from you wishing to exercise your data protection rights within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with applicable data protection laws. By writing to us, you agree to receive communication from us seeking information from you to verify you to be the consumer from whom we have collected the Personal Data and other such information as reasonably required to enable us to honor your request.
Verifying Consumer Requests
In order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we will require two pieces of personal information that must match information what TestEquity has on file during any request to access or delete personal information. If that information matches the information that TestEquity has on file, you will receive an email or telephone call in order to confirm your identity. If we are unable to confirm your identity based on this process, we will not release or delete the personal information.
We will not discriminate against you because you have chosen to exercise any of your CCPA privacy rights listed above.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information. If you do so, your agent must provide the authorized agent with written permission to act as your agent and you may also be required to verify your identity with us.