Effective Date: January 1st, 2020
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), TestEquity and its affiliates are providing the following details regarding the personal information about California residents that we have collected or disclosed. This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
We do not sell personal information within the meaning of the CCPA. We may use the personal information to operate and maintain our business and to better provide our products and services to meet our business objectives.
We may share personal data with third parties or allow them to collect personal data from our sites or services if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such personal data, or if you use TestEquity and its affiliates' sites or services to interact with third parties or direct us to disclose your personal data to third parties. TestEquity does not distinguish between a private or business customer on tequity.com. If you are navigating our website, you are being treated as a business customer.
We may collect the following categories of your personal information and generally collect consumers’ personal information:
- Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records statute
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet activity information
- Financial information
- Geolocation data
- Professional and employment-related information
- Education information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories
WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
If you are a California resident and you seek to exercise the foregoing rights to access or delete personal data which constitutes 'personal information' as defined in CCPA, please contact us at Privacy@testequity.com
We respond to all requests we receive from you wishing to exercise your data protection rights within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with applicable data protection laws. By writing to us, you agree to receive communication from us seeking information from you to verify you to be the consumer from whom we have collected the Personal Data and other such information as reasonably required to enable us to honor your request.
Verifying Consumer Requests
In order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we will require two pieces of personal information that must match information what TestEquity has on file during any request to access or delete personal information. If that information matches the information that TestEquity has on file, you will receive an email or telephone call in order to confirm your identity. If we are unable to confirm your identity based on this process, we will not release or delete the personal information.
We will not discriminate against you because you have chosen to exercise any of your CCPA privacy rights listed above.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information. If you do so, your agent must provide the authorized agent with written permission to act as your agent and you may also be required to verify your identity with us.